The International Stem Cell Forum (ISCF, http://www.stem-cell-forum.net/) is composed of twenty-one funders of stem cell research around the world. It has been founded since January 2003 to stimulate international collaboration and funding support for stem cell research, with an overall aim of promoting global good practice and accelerating advances in this vitally important field of biomedical science.
The ISCF is seeking a director for International Stem Cell Bank. Essential duties and responsibilities of this position shall include the following:
1. Launch and implement the "International Clinical-grade Stem Cell Banking Initiative" on the basis of Beijing Stem Cell bank, and in conjunction with other national stem cell banks;
2. Promote the international exchange and sharing of knowledge, information, resources, technologies, and standards on stem cell research; and address mutual concerns
3. Establish a global network of clinical-grade stem cell banks;
4. To train professional stem cell bank management staff and technical personnel, as well as professionals specialized in project management for international cooperation projects;
5. As International Stem Cell Bank Initiative is part of the framework program for ISCF, you will also work together with the ISCF members to maintain an active and effective network;
6. Assist with the daily operations and management of ISCF.
1. The candidate should have a doctorate degree and a senior professional title in cell biology or relevant fields;
2. Major in stem cell research, and has a certain attainments in the field of stem cell banking, such as stem cell line derivation, characterization, storage, quality control, etc.
3. More than 5 years of experience in stem cell bank management (as director);
4. Experienced in initiate and build effective international communication and collaboration relationships (with international organizations);
5. The ability to work as a team leader, and cooperate with colleagues from all over the world.
This is a full-time position at Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. Prospective candidates must address the duties and skills above in a cover letter and submit a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 November 2018. Interviews will be arranged on 5 November 2018. The successful applicant will be expected to commence shortly afterwards (some flexibility here).