The International Society of Zoological Sciences (ISZS) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of scientists, which was re-established in 2004 with the following goals:
• To promote zoological science by improving communication between zoologists and zoological organizations
• To increase the availability of resources needed to conduct zoological research
• Promote co-ordination, collaboration and co-operation between different fields of zoology.
The major activities of ISZS include:
• Organizing the International Congresses of Zoology every 4 years
• Operating a permanent website that serves as a medium for discussion and debate, as well as a host for information on upcoming congresses and events
• Coordinating with and hosting (as appropriate) the International Commission of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN)
• Publishing the society's journal, Integrative Zoology, and the proceedings of the ICZ.
|International Society of Zoological Sciences (ISZS)|